Congratulations, you are deemed an adult and have a big world staring you in the face, now what?
- If you went directly into the job market, meet with a financial professional to see if it makes sense to start making a small monthly contribution into an IRA. (i.e. $50/mo)
- If your employer has a retirement plan that they are providing a matching contribution, it is generally recommended that you personally contribute enough to receive the entire matching amount.
- Your “Rainy Day” fund should have 1-2 months living expenses.
- Start saving for a car down payment?
- Be careful not to fall into the credit card trap. Live within your means.